Wednesday, November 19, 2014

We Love This Buggy!

 We bought the RTV two years ago and it has really improved our firewood gathering ability.  We can all ride to the woods, instead of only the guy driving the tractor and wagon.  I cut, Susan and her mother load, drive back to the house, dump the firewood, and return to the woods. In years past, I would cut, take the tractor and wagon back to the house and unload while everyone waited for me in the woods, then I would go back to cutting while they loaded.  I was always beat at the end of the day, and the loaders were cold from waiting for me to unload and return.

Now I cut, Susan and Pattie load. Unloading is done by pulling a little lever and letting the RTV dump the load, while I am still in the woods cutting the next load. We're handling the wood less, and we feel good at the end of the day.  Wood that has to be split is separated by load, so it comes off the RTV to the splitter, and then into the stack at the house. 

1 comment:

Merle said...

Grandpa always said "work smarter - not harder" and I believed him!

Merle