Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pet Priorities

We attended a fundraiser for some local, private animal shelters recently, and I knew it was mistake.  There were a lot of animals in need of a home, but our place is pretty well stocked with pets already, and we aren't in a good position to take in more.  This calico kitty was pretty tempting, though.  Calicoes are always good-natured. 
 These Mountain Cur pups would have made good companion dogs for our watchdog, Jack, but Jack still has HeyJoe for company, so that would not work out right now.   We rescued a little dog like the one on the left over thirty years ago, and named him Doodles.  We found a good home for him, and he made a fine addition to the family that took him in.


And then, there's this.  We don't have to look for animals; they keep showing up.  This handsome cat is Rambler, who has been hanging around for most of a year.  I have been working with him so he now answers to his name, and I can touch him without being mauled. (All Cats Are Always Loaded.)  Another week or two and I should be able to pick him up so he can make a trip to the vet for tutoring.

2 comments:

danno said...

I LOL'd x2.

David aka True Blue Sam said...

I forgot Rule #1 with another stray earlier this year. They go off like a bomb, and then you go to the doctor instead of taking the cat. I can laugh now.