Monday, February 7, 2011

Happy Belated Birthday to Frank Buckles

Sondrak posted last week that Frank Buckles, the last surviving Doughboy of The Great War celebrated his 110th birthday.  Click here to read about Mr. Buckles.  World War I doesn't get much respect from the history teachers nowadays, but it was big, and it was bad.  I see in Sondrak's post that Mr. Buckles drove an ambulance while he was on the Western Front.  Robert Service wrote a little about that; go here for a small sample of a day in the life of an ambulance driver during WWI.

2 comments:

Inspector Clouseau said...

Nice work. I came across your blog while “blog surfing” using the Next Blog button on the blue Nav Bar located at the top of my blogger.com site. I frequently just travel around looking for other blogs which exist on the Internet, and the various, creative ways in which people express themselves. Thanks for sharing.

David aka True Blue Sam said...

You're Welcome! Thanks for visiting. The numbers on Statcounter are the only pay besides the enjoyment I get from posting and making friends online.