Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Mr. Completely's September e-Postal Results!

I think all of the targets have been sent in; if I have missed you, or you had trouble scanning and e-mailing your results, please let me know and I will add you to the tally. We had a nice turnout, with a few new entrants, and a very nice variety of .22s shooting the targets.

Class I Pistol: Rimfire, Iron Sights

Tucson Cliff, Ruger Mk II; 69
Merle, Ruger Single Six; 53
Billll, Ruger Mk I; 43
True Blue Sam, Ruger Single Six; 41
Jamesll, Ruger Mk II; 27


Class II Pistol: Rimfire, Optical Sights

Mr. Completely, High Standard, Leupold; 188
Mr. Completely, High Standard, Red Dot; 147
Merle Ruger Mk II, Tasco; 64


Class I Rifle: Rimfire, Iron Sights


True Blue Sam, Marlin 39; 54
Danno Schultz & Larson; 21



Class II Rifle: Rimfire, Optical Sights


True Blue Sam, Winchester 74, Bushnell 2.5; 88
Danno ,Ruger 10-22; 56
Billll ,Remington Nylon 66; 45
Jamesll, Mossberg; 32
Tucson Cliff, Ruger 77/22; 25
Froggy, Browning BL22; 12

The Winchester 74 mostly does 'Possum Duty' around the farm. It belonged to my mother's dad, who is standing next to the Model T in the banner at the top of the page. He used to talk about the unbelievable shots he made on ground squirrels in newly planted corn fields. He used iron sights; I cheated and added a scope for the difficult shots. It still has a good barrel.

Thanks to all who participated! The target turned out to be a little more difficult than I thought it would be, but it was a lot of fun to shoot. Check Mr. Completely's blog for the next contest, which is hosted by U.S. Citizen at Traction Control; or click on the October link under "Get Out And Shoot" in the left sidebar.

No comments: