Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Coming Events!

American Threshermen at Pinckneyville is celebrating fifty years this upcoming weekend. One of the highlights on the poster is 50 International 560 tractors to celebrate the 50th anniversary of that model. I suddenly am feeling old, since those tractors seem "new" in my mind. Click on the poster to go to their website. Pinckeyville always puts on a great show.


Danno over at Sand Castle Scrolls sent me a poster of a neat event in his corner of the world. This year is the fifth annual fly-in at Grand Canyon Valle Airport, and the featured plane is a 1929 Ford Tri-Motor! They will also have antique tractors, old cars and much more. Click on the poster to enlarge it, and then make your travel plans. Thanks, Danno!
This is the airport with all of the neat antique cars we featured earlier this year in this post; photos courtesy of Danno.


4 comments:

danno said...

FIFTY steam powered tractors? Hoho HO! Check out the smoke plume on the pic at the site.

I wanna come just to watch AlGore cry!

(Ok, I rarely both with the WV thing,but this one is too good to pass up:

phialin = "Fail'n")

David aka True Blue Sam said...

The 560's are diesel, which will put lots of carbon in the air; a beautiful sight when they are working. My grandfather had two of them, and they were a big step up from his Allis WD. There are lots of steam engines, too; it is a big show. Last year they had two 110 HP Case engines plowing at the same time.

Home on the Range said...

Tractors, airplanes and cars!

Sign me up.

B.

David aka True Blue Sam said...

I don't know where they fit a passenger in a P-51, but going up in one is tantalizing. It would be worth the drive. I have heard Allison engines at tractor pulls, and my dad saw/heard them when he was in the service. One of these days....