Saturday, July 4, 2009

Weekend Steam


This week we have a photo from the Burlington, Iowa waterfront, probably shot sometime prior to 1920. My Aunt Bessye was born in 1892, and I always enjoy seeing what she saw in the Burlington area when she was a young woman. I am also getting to meet relatives I have heard about, but never met. I Googled this boat, but had no luck finding information about it on the Internet. If anyone knows some history on the Excursion Queen out of St. Paul, please write in the comments.

3 comments:

Home on the Range said...

Have a wonderful holiday!

word verification "antim".

Where's Toto??

David aka True Blue Sam said...

And a Glorious Fourth to you! Toto's not here, but Otto (see pets) has come to visit for the holiday. Keep your firecrackers dry! It has been raining in So. IL since before midnight.

Anonymous said...

Sam, I have just begun doing some research on the Excursion Queen out of St. Paul because it steamed the waters of the Ohio in my area also. Be glad to share anything I find. Just contact me at bchrlf@bchrlf.org.

What started me out was a grainy photo that someone donated to the society.

Roger