Monday, July 20, 2009

ohfercryinoutloud!

So, I went out behind the barn to shoot Mr. Completely's July e-Postal contest, checked my sights, and shot at my first hole, offhand at 21 feet. HOLE IN ONE! Not bad for a duffer almost 58 years old! Piece O Cake!

Second hole. Seventeen shots-count 'em, to hit the hole. I quit, and plinked a bit to settle my nerves. It must have been bad ammo, or the rear sight was loose, or tricky air currents behind the barn. It couldn't have been my middle age eyes, or trigger finger. I will try again tomorrow.

2 comments:

danno said...

I made an attempt on the July contest over the weekend. Very frustrating. I probably put 80 shots on the target and still had two holes incomplete. But I did have 6 in the water trap!

Time's running out on this one!

David aka True Blue Sam said...

I pulled out a box of Rem Yellow Jackets and tried them today. They seemed to group better than the bulk pack ammo I was using, and the flat top makes a nice hole in the target. I did figure out that I needed one click right to center up the windage, and the Yellow Jackets threw high, so I had to click down. You really have to sight 'fine' on this target. Don't give up!