Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Take A Trip And Never Leave The Farm

The geyser camera at Yellowstone is one of the sites I visit frequently. You can check the weather and the crowds at Old Faithful, and sometimes you will click in on an eruption. The timer in the upper left tells you how long it is until the next event, and I will hang around and watch it if the time is not too long. One day I watched a tourist take a cell phone call with his back to the geyser, and he missed the entire show. He turned around to look as the crowd started moving back to the lodge, but it was all over.

2 comments:

Somerled said...

Web cams were definitely a wave of the future when Jim Stafford recorded "Wildwood Weed" in 1974. Perhaps there wouldn't have been the free love movement and the war on drugs if Al Gore had invented the Internet earlier.

David aka True Blue Sam said...

The computer geeks back then all carried around big stacks of punch cards. I never thought that I would be fooling with computers, and now I can't get by without them. The best line in that song was " I had to fly up there to get him."